Police Beat: Marijuana in car and b—– scratched into side of student’s car

Photo by Camille Shaw
Photo by Camille Shaw

The following information is according to reports from the UNF Police Department.

Maybe nice guys don’t always finish last

An FSCJ student was caught with marijuana in his car, but he didn’t face any criminal charges because of his cooperation with UNFPD.

On Jan. 24 at 2:55 a.m., a UNFPD officer made a traffic stop after seeing a car make an illegal turn. When the officer approached the vehicle, he smelled alcohol. According to the report, the student denied drinking anything, but he said his friend was drinking.

Another officer then arrived on the scene and noticed a bag of marijuana between the door and the driver’s seat. The driver was very cooperative throughout the entire investigation. The officer who pulled the driver over chose not to advise any criminal charges against the driver. The marijuana was placed in the JSO property room.

Student finds B-word scratched on side of her car

A student told UNFPD someone scratched the word “b—–” into the driver’s side door of her car.

She noticed this on Jan. 24, and she called UNFPD to report it the next morning.

She said on Jan. 10, a male driver followed her as she was driving to the Fountains parking lot. He parked behind her, got out of his vehicle and started yelling at her. The victim said he told her she should have the word b—– labeled across her forehead and he didn’t know who in the f— gave her a license and that you don’t cut people off. The male then walked towards the Fountains without any further incident.

Due to a lack of identifiable suspects, patrol efforts have been suspended.

For more information or news tips, contact [email protected]; if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected].