Student arrested for child pornography

Neal Buckles. Image courtesy Facebook
Neal Buckles. Image courtesy Facebook

A UNF student will make his first appearance in court Friday morning on child pornography charges.

Neal D. Buckles is currently in jail, unable to bond out after being arrested Thursday afternoon. The 19-year-old is charged with two counts of possession of child pornography and one count of transmission of child pornography, according to records from the St. John’s County Sheriff’s Office.

According to his Facebook profile, Buckles is a psychology student and childcare provider at the Church of Eleven22.

On Buckle’s profile there is also a link to another Facebook page called Buckles’ Babysitters.

I am a 19 year old studying Child Psychology and Secondary Education as a Dual Degree at UNF with a passion for children,” the page description reads. “I have been babysitting for the past 8 years and last year I was even employed as a childcare worker. I am available almost every night and some mornings if you are interested please message me for references and my availability.”

Spinnaker will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.