Obama coming to UNF

obama-356133_1920President Barack Obama will be on campus Thursday, Nov. 3. He will lead a rally for the Clinton campaign at the UNF Arena.

Arena doors will open at noon and the event begins at 1:30, according to an email from President Delaney. Students interested in attending the event can find members of the Clinton campaign handing out tickets at the Student Union on Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., and Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 5-7 p.m.

You can also register for tickets online here. Tickets do not guarantee admission so arrive early.

“This is the first time a sitting U.S. President has been to UNF, and we’re excited about putting our best foot forward for the national and local press who will cover the event, and the students and local residents who will be attending,” Delaney stated.

“This is also going to cause some disruption on our campus, especially when it comes to parking, traffic, and crowds,” according to the email. The Clinton campaign is renting the UNF Arena, Fieldhouse, and several parking lots.

Spinnaker has reached out to university officials to determine which lots are being reserved and what kind of impact this will have on student parking and university traffic in general. The university is not canceling classes because of this event, but classes usually held in the arena will be relocated on Thursday.

Spinnaker will continue to follow and update this story.