What’s open during the break?

trees and falling snowFinals week, while stressful and frustrating, does mean one very good thing: winter break is near. For most students, this means a whole month off, where you’re free to go home, travel, see friends and think about anything but classes. But those who live and work in Jacksonville may still find themselves needing to use campus facilities over the break.

For students who are going to continue to be on or around campus, during any part of this next month, here’s what you need to know:

The whole campus is shutting down for intercession from Friday, Dec. 23 to Monday, Jan. 2. The hours prior to and after those dates vary.

Student Wellness Complex: The gym will still be open Dec. 10 to Dec. 20 and Jan. 3 to Jan. 8. During that time,the  hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Student Union: SU hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. until Dec. 23. And again after the intercession, from Jan. 3 to Jan. 9. The game room will be closed the entirety of the break.

Carpenter Library: Tommy G is cutting his hours from 24/7 down to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 9, and keeping that schedule until Dec. 23, when the library will close at the only slightly earlier time of 3:30. It’ll be closed on weekends and during the intercession, and will go back to the 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. structure on Jan. 3.

Arena Garage: Closed for maintenance Dec. 10 to Dec. 31.

Bookstore: They’ll be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays during the intercession, with the exception of Monday, Dec. 26, when they’ll be closed in lieu of Christmas.

One Stop: Their hours aren’t changing over the break, but they too will be closed during that Dec. 23 to Jan. 2 timeframe.

The Boathouse: 11 a.m. to 3 pm. Dec. 12 to Dec. 23 and Jan. 3 to Jan. 6, with the only exception being Thursday, Dec. 15, when it’ll be open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Outtakes (at alumni square): Open 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 12 to Dec. 23. and Jan. 3 to Jan. 6.

Einstein’s: Open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 2 to Jan. 6, and is closed the rest of the break.

Chick-fil-a: Open 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 2 to Jan. 6, and is closed the rest of the break.

The hours of food kiosks in the University Center and Hicks Hall and clarification on which dining locations are closed all break can be found here. A more detailed listing of campus hours can be found here.