UNF students can help Mexico and Puerto Rico recover

Andy Castro

Students are looking for ways to help after Hurricane Maria struck Puerto Rico as a Category 5 storm and a magnitude 7.1 earthquake devastated Mexico this past week. The fight to rebuild these areas just started and students can do so right on campus.

LASO

The Latin American Student Organization will be accepting donations starting Sept. 25. LASO will be sending all the donations to Mexico and Puerto Rico. According to the President of LASO, Laura Sanchez, the organization is still looking for the best way to get the donations to those affected by natural disasters. LASO will be accepting non-perishables, clothing and toiletries. You can take all donations to Building 2, Suite 1400.

UNICEF

UNICEF is helping with disaster relief in both affected areas. All proceeds will go towards keeping the children in these areas away from harm by providing the basic humanitarian supplies.

Humane Society International

The Humane Society International is on the ground helping animals in Mexico and Puerto Rico. Donations will be used to provide temporary shelters for animals, aid local shelters and rescue animals.

__