UNF students can create their own movie with Campus Movie Fest

Valeree Del Guidice

The program allows students to create their own five-minute movie for free. Courtesy of CMF

Lights, camera, action! Campus Movie Fest is back at UNF.

CMF is a free program hosted by Osprey Productions that gives students at different colleges around the country the chance to create their own five-minute movie. The program provides all of the equipment needed to make the movie for free. If you have your own equipment, you’re welcome to use it. The only downside is that you only have a week to make your movie.

The “Launch”, happening March 1 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., is when students can pick up the free equipment and fill out the paperwork needed to participate.

The “Collection” is when the movies need to be turned in. All of the films are due March 7 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom B.

The premiere of the top sixteen movies, chosen by a random and anonymous panel of judges, will be March 12 at 7 p.m. at the Lazarra Performance Hall. The top four movies from the premiere move on to Terminus in Atlanta, which is the international festival for all of the student movies. Winners even have the chance to go to the Cannes Film Festival in France.