National library week at UNF

Valeree Del Guidice

The Thomas G. Carpenter library. Photo by Colin McCann

Time to pull out the library card and go explore the school library. It’s National Library Week and the Thomas G. Carpenter Library will be celebrating with events every day.

On Monday, April 9, the library will be hosting a walk-in research clinic from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Students will be able to have a librarian help locate resources for their projects, be taught how to incorporate those resources into their papers, how to cite them properly, and how to create a bibliography using RefWorks.

On Tuesday, April 10, there will be a Popcorn and Politics: Fake News session from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Chamblin Room by special collections at the library. It’s a monthly event where students can discuss political issues in a calm setting. It will be facilitated by Joshua Gellers, assistant professor of the Department of Political Science and Public Administration, and Lauren Newton, Head of Instruction at the library.

On Wednesday, April 11, it will be Library Day at Market Day. There will be a library table with a button making machine and a butterfly banner.

On Thursday, April 12, there will be a workshop in the special collections room on increasing the visibility of your research. It will be from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and will be lead by Dan Richard, Director of the Office of Faculty Enhancement, and Stephanie Race, Head of Research and Outreach at the UNF Library.

Also on Thursday, there is a reception highlighting faculty scholarly and creative works published within the past year. It’s from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Chamblin Room at the library.

On Friday, April 13, the Print Guild will be outside of the library from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. helping students make their own relief prints, which uses a printing press to make.

__