New organizational chart shows department changes in integration of Student and Academic Affairs

Hannah Lee, Editor-in-Chief

Student Affairs has been undergoing a semester-long transition. In an email sent out to UNF faculty and staff Wednesday afternoon, a new organizational chart has been released detailing changes to both Student Affairs and Academic Affairs. Associate Vice President Daniel Moon states that while the chart is not complete, it reflects the structural shifts due to the integration of the two offices.

One change is Student Health Services. The service which used to be overseen by Student Affairs will now be overseen by the Brooks College of Health.

“This realignment will leverage the knowledge and expertise in the College and create additional opportunities for faculty and staff. The close collaboration between SHS staff and BCH faculty will result in innovative, efficient, and exceptional quality care for our students,” Moon said. “We are continuing to explore additional opportunities for synergy such as this to enhance all aspects of the health and wellness of the UNF community.”

Another change announced in the new organizational chart is that Career Services will be overseen by Undergraduate Studies and housing programs, like Living Learning Communities, will now be overseen by Student Academic Success Services in Undergraduate Services.

The Parents Association was also moved out of Student Affairs and is now overseen by Enrollment Services. This move was made in order to unify efforts to support and engage parents and family members, according to the email.

One department that is not changing leadership externally, but will be changing within, will be the Child Development Center. The partnership with the College of Education and Human Services is growing stronger, and faculty from the college will now be involved with hiring staff positions at the center.

To see the full email click here.

[pdf-embedder url=”https://unfspinnaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Current-SA-integration-ORG-Chart.pdf” title=”Current SA integration ORG Chart”]