TikTok Trolls Trump’s Tulsa Rally

Sheifalika Bhatnagar, News Director

President Trump is back on the campaign trail, but there was an unexpected twist at his Tulsa rally.

Social media users on TikTok joined with fans of Korean pop music groups to make roughly one million reservations for Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The arena for the rally held 19,000 seats. However, only 6,200 seats were filled as a result of “fake” reservations.

(AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

The call to reserve free tickets was made by 51-year-old Mary Jo Laupp on TikTok, on June 11, 2020. Laupp’s post went viral and received over 2 million views.

(AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

The lack of attendees upset President Trump and his campaign team, who had boasted about the one million reservations and planned for the overflow.

___

1 Comment

One Response to “TikTok Trolls Trump’s Tulsa Rally”

1. Chris Gauron on June 30th, 2020 11:19 am

Trump got punked hard at the Emptysberg Address!

• The UNF Bookstore. Photo credit Emily Echevarria.

UNF Bookstore ‘More the Merrier Sale’ on Wednesday

• Open registration for Spring 2021 begins today

Open registration for Spring 2021 begins today

• The Walk-Ons talk high school football, Taysom Hill and a difficult matchup for the Jaguars

Latest Stories

The Walk-Ons talk high school football, Taysom Hill and a difficult matchup for the Jaguars

• What

What’s up with parking tickets? SG gives insight into the process

• Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., speaks to the media after a campaign rally for Republican candidates for U.S. Senate Sen. Kelly Loeffler and Sen. David Perdue on Friday, Nov. 13, 2020, in Cumming, Ga. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson)

Health

AP: Florida’s Sen. Scott has coronavirus, ‘very mild symptoms’

• FILE - In this file photo from June 7, 2019, a man walks by Hamerschlag Hall on the Carnegie Mellon University campus in Pittsburgh. Colleges in the U.S. have seen a sharp enrollment drop among international students in the fall of 2020. University administrators say a number of hurdles and new policies brought on by the coronavirus pandemic are to blame. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar, File)

General

AP: Pandemic pushes steep drop in foreign college students

• Alligator or dinosaur?

Alligator or dinosaur?

• The Barnett Building will host UNF MBA and MSM classes in Spring 2021 (Photo taken from Google Images//Courtesy of Ebyabe)

Latest Stories

UNF to offer graduate business courses in downtown Jacksonville

• Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, a lawyer for President Donald Trump, speaks during a news conference on legal challenges to vote counting in Pennsylvania, Saturday Nov. 7, 2020, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

Latest Stories

AP EXPLAINER: A look at Trump’s long-shot legal challenges

• Review of

Review of ‘Dash and Lily’

TikTok Trolls Trump’s Tulsa Rally