UNF mourns the loss of a fellow Osprey

Hayley Simonson, Police Reporter

On Nov. 9,  the UNF Dean of Students released an email notifying the campus community of the very tragic loss of UNF student Tristan Klepzig last week. 

“Friends, community members, faculty and staff who knew him are affected and many are hurting. Others in the community who may not have known him personally, can relate to history, feel the loss and are suffering as well,” stated the email. 

Tristan passed away off campus on Oct. 30, due to injuries sustained from a car accident. Tristan was a senior within the College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction. He majored in mechanical engineering. Tristan was well known within the engineering community at UNF and was actively involved in the greater Jacksonville community. 

In a statement to Spinnaker, the university said, 

“The university is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of UNF student Tristan Klepzig. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.”

On Nov. 9, from 6-7:30 p.m. there was a UNF virtual community support event honoring the life and relationships of Tristan Klepzig. It was open to anyone feeling impacted by his loss and wanting to gather to honor his memory. 

OspreyPERCH and other UNF mental health professionals were in attendance for support and encouragement. Friends, faculty, and colleagues were invited to share their stories and memories. 

__

• FILE - Rapper Kanye West speaks during a meeting in the Oval Office of the White House with President Donald Trump, Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, in Washington. Kanye West was escorted out of the California headquarters of athletic shoemaker Skechers Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022 after he showed up unannounced. Skechers says West, also known as Ye, also engaged in unauthorized filming at its corporate headquarters in Manhattan Beach and was escorted out by two executives. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File)

OPINION: Does canceling really work?

• (freestocks/Unsplash)

It’s officially cuffing season, celebrate the holiday season with some date ideas!

• DeSantis

The future of DeSantis’s “Stop Woke Act” in Florida after federal judge ruling

• Blessing Offor performing at the Saint Augustine Amphitheatre in Saint Augustine, Florida on November 2nd, 2022.

Through the eyes of a photographer: November

• Harry talks to the town mayor, {Courtesy of SyFy)

Review: ‘Resident Alien,’ the best science fiction comedy TV show

• Chaz Lanier drives to the rim

Men’s basketball thrashes Trinity Baptist with all-hands-on-deck performance

• Emma Broermann goes to the rim

Women’s basketball falls short, suffers tough loss to Saint Joseph’s

• Tim Weah celebrates following opening goal of USMNTs World Cup experience

Student Government hosting World Cup watch party on campus

• Syril Karn (left, Kyle Soller) and Cassian Andor (right, Diego Luna) in Andor. (Courtesy of Lucasfilm)

Review: Booting the flashy heroes, ‘Andor’ turns the spotlight on ordinary people

• Photo courtesy of University of North Florida.

UNF rolls out plans for a dedicated graduate commencement ceremony, administrator says