UNF mourns the loss of a fellow Osprey

Hayley Simonson, Police Reporter

On Nov. 9,  the UNF Dean of Students released an email notifying the campus community of the very tragic loss of UNF student Tristan Klepzig last week. 

“Friends, community members, faculty and staff who knew him are affected and many are hurting. Others in the community who may not have known him personally, can relate to history, feel the loss and are suffering as well,” stated the email. 

Tristan passed away off campus on Oct. 30, due to injuries sustained from a car accident. Tristan was a senior within the College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction. He majored in mechanical engineering. Tristan was well known within the engineering community at UNF and was actively involved in the greater Jacksonville community. 

In a statement to Spinnaker, the university said, 

“The university is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of UNF student Tristan Klepzig. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.”

On Nov. 9, from 6-7:30 p.m. there was a UNF virtual community support event honoring the life and relationships of Tristan Klepzig. It was open to anyone feeling impacted by his loss and wanting to gather to honor his memory. 

OspreyPERCH and other UNF mental health professionals were in attendance for support and encouragement. Friends, faculty, and colleagues were invited to share their stories and memories. 

__

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Native American Heritage Day: what is it?

• Florida State head coach Leonard Hamilton celebrates with his team after winning the Duval Bracket.

Recapping the Jacksonville Classic, a college basketball tournament hosted at UNF

• Courtesy of Mayday Parade.

‘What It Means To Fall Apart’ album review

• Photo courtesy of Square Enix.

“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy” game review

• Student Government Senators sit in the Senate Chambers during their Nov. 19 meeting to discuss, among other matters, terminating the SKYS Agency.

General

SG Senate terminates the SKYS program

• Photo by Greyson Joralemon/Unsplash.

‘Night of Lights’ returns to St. Augustine this year

• UNF releases urgent alert of arson on campus

UNF releases urgent alert of arson on campus

• Ospreys cap off season-opening road trip with blowout loss at No. 2 UCLA

Ospreys cap off season-opening road trip with blowout loss at No. 2 UCLA

• Photo by Ramiro Martinez via Unsplash

Longest partial lunar eclipse of the century to happen tonight

• Courtesy of SG.

General

UNF’s Lend-A-Wing releases adjusted hours

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.