Super Bowl XLIII Party Guide

People to watch

Cardinal QuarterBack
Kurt Warner
• Offensive Player of the Year as asenior at Northern Iowa
• Threw a career-high 484 yards vs. San Francisco in 2007, which is also the second-highest yardage total in franchise history
• In 2005, Warner helped the Cardinals rank as the league’s No. 1 passing offense team for the first time in Cardinal history.

Steeler Quarterback
Ben Roethlisburger
•    Roethlisburger became the youngest Super Bowl-winning quarterback in NFL history, helping lead the Steelers in only his second professional season.
•    At the University of Miami of Ohio, Roethlisberger got a chance to start as a redshirt freshman, and started at quarterback for three years of Division I college football.
•    The most serious injuries Roethlisberger has had during his football career were a broken upper and lower jaw and a broken nose.

Cardinal Offensive
Coordinator Todd Haley
•    A UNF alum; class of ‘92
•    Hometown is Pittsburgh, Penn.
•    Started his coaching career in 1997 as an offensive assistant
under Bill Parcells with the New York Jets
•    Joined the Cardinals in January 2007
•    In his first season as coordinator, the Cardinals offense finished fifth in NFL in passing while also setting a franchise record with 32 passing touchdowns.

Where to watch

Sneakers on Baymeadows
Sneakers is hosting a party for Super Bowl XLlll, with $10 seat guarantees and drink specials. Every table will receive gift bags that will include free T-shirts from different vendors.
“We hope to have a packed house game night,” General Manager Eddie Weaver said.
Sneakers has four large screen and many regular sized TVs around the bar. It will be open to the public, but it’s first-come, first-serve for seating if you don’t pay the $10 reservation fee.

Jacksonville Ale House on southside
Jacksonville Ale House has a $50 all-you-can-eat and drink Super Bowl special that includes: Crab legs, pastas, wings and subs. Its regular menu will not be available.
Every seat will have a goodie bucket, including glass wear, key chains and T-shirts.
“Last year 270 people came out to celebrate,” Manager Laurie Ratti said. “We expect to see about the same number this year.”
Ale House has a wide selection of big screens and the general public are welcome, but it’s first-come, first-serve for seating.

Tail Gators
Tail Gators is a fairly new sports bar and grille that will have a $45 Super Bowl special. This includes all-you-can- eat wings and appetizers and all-you- can drink.
“Hopefully a lot of people come game night,” said Josh Brady, the bar and floor manager of Tail Gators.
Tail Gators is open to the public to watch the Super Bowl at a small bar and has a few regular sized TVs around the grille.
Team previews

Pittsburgh Steelers:
Having made six previous Super Bowl appearances and won five titles the Steelers (12-4) are familiar with knowing what to expect at Super Bowl XLlll. The Steelers have put up 4,991 offensive yards and have allowed 3,795 defensive yards this season.

Arizona Cardinals:
The Cardinals are new to the Super Bowl stage but have earned it by winning three playoff games in order to reach the championship. The Cardinals (9-7) have acquired 5,852 offensive yards and 5,304 defensive yards this season.

Party starters

Awesome Bean Dip:

Ingredients:
1 can refried beans
1 carton 8 oz. sour cream
1 package 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 package enchilada seasoning mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Mix refried beans, sour cream, cream cheese and enchilada mix until blended. Pour into 9 inch pie plate. Top with cheese and bake for 20 min. at 375 degrees. Then broil until top is bubbly.
Commercials to watch

•    Pepsi and Pepsi Max
•    Budweiser and Bud Light
•    FedEx
•    Audi
•    Bridgestone Tires

Compiled by Heather Furey.