News in Brief – Feb. 11

Workshop to discuss available online classes
The Center for Instruction and Research Technology is hosting the “Distance Learning Brown Bag” workshop from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 13 in Building 1, room 2804.

During the workshop, various faculty members will discuss online courses at UNF. Students are expected to bring their own lunch, but drinks and cookies will be provided by the CIRT.

Candy-gram sale supports Haiti organization

Hope for Haiti, a student organization at UNF, is conducting a candy-gram and carnation sale in the courtyard to raise funds and support for the international organization Hope
for Haiti.

The sales will continue until Feb. 13.

Career luncheon at UNF
The Office of Alumni Services is hosting a Career Connections Panel Discussion and luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 12 in Building 14, rooms 1601-1603. Recent alumni will be speaking about how to be successful in professional pursuits. For more information and to R.S.V.P., contact the Office of Alumni Services at 620-4723 or [email protected].

Ruckus cancels service to college students
Information Technology Services announced that Ruckus.com, which previously offered free music and video for college students, shut down without giving notice to the university. Students are still able to access these services until their subscription’s renew date has passed.

Compiled by Rebecca McKinnon.