September 24 – October 4

Sept. 24 – Criminal Mischief (Building 41) – A student parked her car in Lot 3 and went to class. She returned to find that her car had been “keyed.” The roof, trunk, left front and rear door, and left rear quarter panel had all been damaged. The subjects are still unknown.

Sept. 25 – Information (Building V) – UPD arrived at the Osprey Cove residence hall in response to a student being harassed on Facebook. Someone identified as “Kodak Phantom” began making threats on her Facebook page. After the initial series of threats, a person identified as “Perryy Vistoso” and “Samitera YgurlTweet Smith” began making threats while defending ‘Phantom.’ The student said she does not know who they could be and was advised to contact UPD if the situation escalates past computer chat. Patrol efforts were suspended.

Sept. 26 – Information (Building 26) – A member of an open water diving class at the Aquatic Center complained of trouble breathing and being light headed after completing six laps and 10 minutes of survival floating. When UPD arrived, the victim was receiving oxygen from the lifeguards was then transferred to the Mayo Clinic by Rescue 50.

Sept. 28 – Information (Building U) – UPD reported to Osprey Cove in response to a sick person. The student stated she had taken eight 325 milligrams of Aspirin the previous day for a headache. She started to have back pains and was very cold Sept. 28. She refused to be transported by rescue but said she would have her roommate transport her to the hospital in her car.

Sept. 29 – Petty Theft (Building 10) – A woman’s purse was stolen from the first floor women’s bathroom. The victim said she left her purse in the handicapped stall and upon realizing this returned 15 minutes later. She called her cell phone and a male answered. She told him she just wanted her things back and if he did this, she would not contact the police. The male laughed and hung up the phone. The case was suspended.

Sept. 29 – Criminal Mischief (Building B) – UPD responded to Osprey Village because a student said she and the suspect got into an argument, and the suspect ripped her speakers from her computer. Since there were no witnesses and no evidence, patrol efforts have been suspended.

Sept. 30 – Information (Building 51) – UPD received a call because a woman sitting outside her classroom had trouble breathing. Fire and Rescue arrived and transported the victim to Mayo Hospital.

Sept. 30 – Drug Paraphernalia (Building T) – UPD arrived to find the odor of marijuana coming from a dorm room. UPD was granted access to the room and the resident admitted smoking marijuana. Upon entering, the officer found a blue pipe, several small pieces of marijuana and a plastic baggie containing marijuana residue. The three students in the room were referred to Student Conduct and the paraphernalia was seized.

Oct. 4 – Information (Building 34) – UPD was dispatched in response to a student having a seizure. Rescue responded and checked him. The student was then transported to Mayo Hospital.

Oct. 4 – Information (Lot 55) – When UPD arrived on the scene, a victim laid on the ground in the Osprey Fountains parking lot. The witnesses were the girl’s roommates and said they had picked her up from a party where she had been drinking. They said the victim fell and hit her head while walking through the parking lot. She was breathing but unresponsive. Engine 150 and Rescue 59 responded and transported the student to the Mayo Clinic. She is also being referred to Student Conduct.

Oct. 4 – Disorderly Intoxication (Building 55) – While at the Osprey Fountains, an officer observed a student with a large knot on his head causing a disturbance. Rescue cleared the student and UPD arrested him for being belligerent, uncooperative and yelling profanities as well as for disorderly conduct and creating a public disturbance. He received a referral to Student Conduct.

Beat of the Week:

Sept. 30 – Disorderly Intoxication (Garage 44) – UPD arrived at parking Garage 44 to find nine subjects on the fourth floor. The subjects were thought to be planning to skateboard down the ramp to the third floor. The officer gave one Florida State College at Jacksonville student a verbal warning and referred six students to Student Conduct before letting them go. One student had been drinking and blew a .149 and a .152 on a portable breathalyzer, and he was taken to Ten Broek rehabilitation center for further evaluation.

The last student admitted to drinking alcohol but refused to cooperate. After UPD placed him under arrest for disorderly intoxication, he began to scream profanities at the officer. He resisted arrest, but the officer was able to restrain him  and place in the police car. He continued to scream and began spitting on the windows. He also spit on an officer, and was subsequently pepper sprayed and placed in a spit mask.  He was arrested and booked in Duval County Jail for disorderly intoxication and resisting arrest and was also referred to Student Conduct.