A medley of media on display at the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery

Thirty-six graduating fine arts students participated Thursday, April 9 in the Annual Senior Art Exhibition at the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery. The pieces were picked at the artist’s discretion and featured a diversity of media, which included painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, ceramics, and sculptures.

Of her still life paintings, “Bottle and Candle,” Kaitlyn Leeds said, “I really love color and the way it reflects off of surfaces. When you mix water with it, the water will throw light and color spectacularly.”

One $1,000 scholarship was awarded to Azusa McWilliams for her portrait, “Chantra.” McWilliams said she spent 15 hours working on it.

Event director Dr. Debra L. Murphy said, “It’s the seniors’ opportunity, it’s not juried, so they get to pick what they think is their most important work and what really reflects their talent. It’s lovely because you can see the variety.”

The Senior Art Exhibition will be on display until May 1.

For more information or news tips, contact [email protected]; if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected].