Oddball Antics

REALLY? I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE A COP
A 21-year-old Atlanta man, who enjoyed impersonating a police officer, put a blue strobe light in his car and proceeded to make night-time traffic stops. This came to an end when one of the people he pulled over was his neighbor from across the street. This led to involvement by real police officers.

SO, I GUESS IT’S ILLEGAL THEN, RIGHT?
Police in Covington, Ky., arrested a teenager for drug trafficking while he was wearing a T-shirt that read, “It’s not illegal unless you get caught.”

LET’S, SEE, 1111, 2222, 3333
A man in Manchester, England, stole some bank cards and went to an ATM more than 50 times to try and guess the PIN numbers at random. His visits were recorded on closed-circuit cameras. He told police who arrested him that he was hoping to get lucky. He wasn’t.

NO IT WASN’T ‘GOOD FOR ME’
A man in Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada, went to court to fight the mother of his child over child support payments, claiming he shouldn’t have to pay because he was asleep when she had sex with him.

OK, BONZO, WE’D LIKE TO ASK YOU A FEW QUESTIONS
Unfamiliar with the concept of maintaining a low profile when there is a warrant out for your arrest, a man in Altoona, Pa., went out late at night to buy cigarettes in a gorilla suit to win a bet with his girlfriend. This attracted the attention of police who ran a routine check on him and hauled him in for receiving stolen property.

AND THERE’S PROBABLY A FEW JOHNS OUT THERE WHO WANT THEIR MONEY BACK
Police in Chattanooga, Tenn., launched a prostitution roundup that resulted in the arrest of 19 women and two men dressed as women.

AND I AM SHOCKED AT THIS POLICE HARASSMENT
A female Methodist minister in England tried to convince police that she was being harassed by her parishioners by sending herself hate mail and a dead hedgehog. Police caught her by secretly installing a video camera in the parish residence.

IT’S LIKE HE WAS ASKING FOR IT
A man in Christchurch, New Zealand, thought it would be funny to put the personalized license plate, STOWLN, on his Subaru Impreza. Then, somebody stole the car.

I THINK HE’S DRUNK, BUT DON’T HIS TEETH LOOK GREAT?
After being hauled into an Omaha, Neb., police station for drunk driving, a man drank Wite-out to mask the alcohol on his breath. Police gave him a blood test after noticing his white lips. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison, and his license was suspended for 15 years.

(c) 2008, McClatchy-Tribune News Service.