Bulldogs pack a tough bite for Gators

Florida vs. Georgia week in Jacksonville always brings a lot to the city. One thing it will not be bringing this year is a Florida Gator victory. Anyone who thinks otherwise just hasn’t been paying attention this year.

Sure the Bulldogs got off to a tough 1-4 start. However, looking closer at their opening schedule, and looking at the circumstances, it isn’t a surprise they struggled early on. Two of those first five games were against teams that are now ranked in the top 25.

They lost to No. 20 South Carolina, the same team that beat former No. 1 Alabama. The Dawgs also had to play No. 19 Arkansas and only lost to them by seven. Let’s not forget they did all of this while playing without the top wide receiver in the nation, A.J. Green, who was serving a suspension for selling one of his game worn jerseys for $1,000.

However, all of that is behind them now. The Bulldogs are firing on all cylinders. They have won three straight games.

In the last three weeks, now that they have Green back, Georgia has outscored Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Kentucky by a combined score of 128-45. They have scored over 40 points in each of their last three games, which is something they failed to do in four of their first five. They seemed to have turned a corner, and they are playing their best football just in time for the struggling Gators to come get a piece.

Struggling might be an understatement when referring to the Gators. Now losers of three straight, they are looking for answers on the offensive side of the ball.

Fans are starting to get frustrated with offensive coordinator Steve Addazio and his mundane play-calling. Screens and draws are not getting the job done in Gainesville. Gator fans seem to have been wrong when they claimed they didn’t have to worry about losing Tim Tebow because they had John Brantley. He has been less than impressive to date.

Bulldog fans have been Gator throw rugs over the last 20 years. Since 1990 the Gators have won 17 out of 20. The last time the Dawgs beat Florida was a 42-30 decision in 2007. However, Georgia still owns the overall record of 47-39-2. Look for them to add to that win column in 2010.

Look for a similar game to 2007 and memories of “Run Lindsay Run,” as the Bulldogs bite down on the Gators and send them back to the swamp with a four-game losing streak. GO DAWGS!