Nov. 8 – Nov. 13

Nov. 8 – Drug and alcohol violation (Building V) – A UNF employee found a partially smoked marijuana cigarette on the bathroom sink counter during a health and safety inspection.

The room occupant denied possession of the substance and claimed there was not enough evidence to place the subject in constructive possession of the illegal substance.

Further examination of the room revealed a 750 ml bottle of tequila in the refrigerator.

The subject and his roommate are both underage.

The bottle of alcohol was disposed of, and the cigarette was confiscated and later tested positive for marijuana.

Nov. 12 – Death (Building 44) – A UNF police officer was conducting a property check of Parking Garage 44.

Upon reaching the fourth level, he noticed a black Ford Mustang parked in a legal parking space.

When the police officer approached the vehicle to see if it was occupied, he noticed a black male who appeared to be sleeping on the driver’s seat of the vehicle.

After he saw a Glock pistol lying on the male’s lap, he immediately backed away and summoned assistance via radio.

With the assistance of additional officer, they approached the vehicle from the driver’s and passenger’s side.

The male appeared to have a large hole above his right ear and blood running down his nose. UPD then gained entrance into the vehicle.

After checking the male’s pulse and feeling his body temperature, they summoned rescue to the scene which pronounced the male dead.

The case was turned over to the Detective Unit.
See page 1 for full story.

Nov. 13 – Petty theft (Building 38) – UPD was dispatched in reference to an altered UNF parking decal.

The student using the decal admitted to printing a copy on his printer at home.

He was using the fake decal so he wouldn’t have to pay a parking fee.

The student said he did not remember who gave him the original decal, and he did not share it with anybody else.

The student was issued a notice to appear.

Nov. 13 – Grand theft (Lot 18)
– While riding through lot 18, a UNF employee noticed two
cedar wood slabs and their mounting hardware were stolen from a bus stop.

After he unsuccessfully searched the immediate area, he reported the incident to UPD.

The total value of the material was estimated to be $300.

Compiled by Andrea Farah.