News in Brief – Sep 10

Club Fest invades the Green

Club Alliance and Student Government are promoting campus involvement by hosting Club Fest. This is a way to preview and join a variety of active clubs on campus. Club Fest is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Sept. 16 on the Green. Contact Scotti Hoffman at 620-1470 for more information.

UNF focuses speech on climate changes

The UNF Environmental Center along with Audubon of Florida, Duval Audubon and Sierra Club Northeast Florida are scheduled to present “Audubon Climate Change Forum: The Problem, Two Important Solutions and Options for Personal Actions” 1-5 p.m. Sept. 12 at the University Center, room 1058.

Topics of discussion include climate change, carbon cap and trade, renewable electricity standards and options for personal action.

This event is free and open to the public.

Coggin puts students through boot camp

The Coggin College of Business Career Management Center and Fidelity Investments will host the Career Boot Camp 12:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Sept. 12 and 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sept. 19 in Building 42, room 1020.

Career Boot Camp is a series of workshops, interviews and networking sessions designed to prepare students for job and internship recruitment.

This event is free and open to everyone.

Compiled by Jonathan Morales.