The university on planning classes for Spring 2021

Darvin Nelson, News Editor

Ospreys may be eager to know what spring of 2021 may look like, and how the university came to a conclusion for what’s best for the school. UNF says they are working hard to create a safe plan for students.

“We are diligently planning and evaluating how to deliver our spring classes in a way that is safe while maintaining an incredibly high standard for quality,” the UNF Academic and Student Affairs states.

The university says that planning was highly collaborative and included input from faculty, department chairs, college deans and the Academic Delivery Task Force. 

“Every decision regarding how a course is delivered has been a careful consideration of health and safety of our university community and ensuring that the quality of the experience meets the very high standards our students and faculty have,” UNF says.

There’s likely to be a balance of online and in-person classes again in the spring. They have gotten feedback from students and faculty members regarding the optimal balance and the best delivery modes for our courses. 

They are striving to offer the option of either mode for as many of the classes as they possibly can to accommodate the needs of students and faculty.

For many, having a greater array of on-campus experiences, in and out of the classroom, is important, UNF says. They are planning for that in the spring, while maintaining the protocols and guidelines that have kept the campus community healthy and safe. 

Ensuring that students can continue to take the courses they need to successfully progress and complete their degree programs has been a high priority for UNF.

“We offered our full array of courses in the fall and will do so again in the spring, so the availability of courses has not been limited,” UNF says.

The university encourages students to work closely with their advisors in order to coordinate a schedule that works for them with the understanding that individual needs will be met as best as they can.

__

• Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer testifies before a House Committee on Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services hearing to review the FY 2016 budget request of the Supreme Court of the United States, on Capitol Hill in Washington, March 23, 2015. Breyer is retiring, giving President Joe Biden an opening he has pledged to fill by naming the first Black woman to the high court, two sources told The Associated Press Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta, File)

General

AP: Justice Breyer to retire; Biden to fill vacancy

• Members of the Student Fee Assessment Committee deliberate where a $0.43 fee allocation would come from.

General

SG committee members swing for the fences with fee proposal, Administration committee members expect rejection

• University of North Florida COVID-19 cases between Sep. 1, 2021 and Dec. 2, 2021, as reported by the UNF Student Health Center, accessible on the UNF Emergency Management site.

UNF’s fate in the face of Omicron uncertain

• Members of the Student Fees Assessment Committee discuss a proposal during their meeting on Dec. 2, 2021.

General

Committee to finalize student fees proposal Wednesday

• A visitor to the Shougang Park walks past the logos for the Beijing Winter Olympics and Paralympics in Beijing, China, Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021. China on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 threatened to take firm countermeasures if the U.S. proceeds with a diplomatic boycott of Februarys Beijing Winter Olympic Games. (AP Photo/Ng Han Guan)

General

AP: US plans diplomatic boycott of Beijing Winter Olympics

• Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

Election Coverage

Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

• The sky glows a gorgeous rosy red as the sun disappears over the horizon of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library parking lot.

General

Parking tickets turn digital at UNF

• Photo courtesy of The Game Awards.

The Game Awards 2021: How to watch & what to expect

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

• Shekinah Mitchell’s mural ‘We Are All One’ hangs on the wall in the Intercultural Center’s lounge.

‘We Are All One’ mural on display in UNF’s Intercultural Center

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

Your email address will not be published.