Things to do in Jacksonville this weekend

Carter Mudgett, Student Government Reporter

For anyone looking to get out of the house this weekend, there are plenty of events going down in Jacksonville to enjoy over the next week. 

Image via the Cummer Museum website

Starting July 2 and ending Sep. 3, the Cummer Museum is opening their doors for free between the hours of 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. every Friday. They invite you to bring a friend, a date, or the whole family to go experience all the art, culture, and community they have to offer. The Cummer Café will have food and beverages available for purchase. 

For more information on “Summer at the Cummer”, visit here

Tomorrow night, July 9, Inside Out City is having its first projection show. Taking place at 1444 N. Main Street, Jacksonville, the event will last from 8:30 p.m. till 11 p.m. At no cost, they will be showing off all styles of art, varying from dance and visual art to music and poetry. 

Additional information about this event can be found here

Image via ActionJaxNews

For all food-lovers, the Jacksonville Taco Festival is happening on July 17. The event will have more than 10 of Jacksonville’s best restaurants, food trucks, and carts available for purchase. DJs and a live band will be there, as well as margaritas, beer, and other beverages. 

To purchase tickets, visit here

The TPA Festival is a 3-day event running from July 9 to July 11. The Performers Academy (TPA) is a community dedicated to helping individuals find their passion for performing arts. This event will feature a 3 day interactive 12 mural project to benefit programming to help prevent teen suicide.

More information can be found here.

________

• Graphic by Spinnaker Creative Department.

Editorials

Letter from the Editor: Halloween Open House Invitation

• Photo by Andyone/Unsplash.

Most anticipated Halloween costumes of 2021

• Photo courtesy of EA, DICE.

“Battlefield 2042” first impressions

• Former Facebook employee Frances Haugen speaks during a hearing of the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security, on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Facebook and its effects on society; UNF professor elaborates

• Photo courtesy of Unsplash via. Pro Church Media.

‘Tis the season of giving; UNF accepting donations for the annual Thanksgiving Basket Food Drive

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Parkinson’s Moving Day at UNF

• UNF Student Union

Food Truck Frenzy at the Osprey Plaza

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Cybersecurity: Safety tips and resources

• Courtesy of Warner Bros.

DC FanDome 2021: Recap

• Photo by Justin Nedrow.

UNF volleyball’s weekend highlighted by sweep of Liberty

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.