UNF's #1 Student-Run News Source

UNF Spinnaker

UNF's #1 Student-Run News Source

UNF Spinnaker

UNF's #1 Student-Run News Source

UNF Spinnaker

UNF men’s basketball players among those awarded ASUN postseason honors

With the ASUN men’s basketball regular season over, the league has begun awarding honors to multiple athletes in the conference.

UNF is no stranger to these awards, as three Osprey athletes have previously been awarded postseason honors.

Chaz Lanier became the first player in UNF history to earn first-team all-ASUN and ASUN all-academic honors. He is also a member of the exclusive 50-40-90 club, shooting 50% overall, 40% from three and 90% from the three-point line.

Following a superb 2023-24 campaign, Chaz Lanier cemented himself as the first player in UNF history to receive both first-team athletic and academic ASUN honors. (Rachel Bacchus)

Jaylen Smith also received ASUN All-Freshman honors in his first year as the Ospreys’ starting point guard.

To end off the Ospreys’ accomplishments, Dorian James received ASUN All-Academic honors with a 3.97 GPA while pursuing a master’s degree in business administration.

Outside of UNF, Eastern Kentucky’s Isaiah Cozart was named ASUN player and defensive player of the year. His coach, A.W. Hamilton, also received Coach of the Year honors.

Moreover, Queens’ Deyton Albury was awarded the title Newcomer of the Year, which he received after being named Newcomer of the Week twice. Albury also made Third Team All-ASUN

These awards were announced the same week each qualifying team headed to the ASUN tournament.

Stetson ultimately won the conference championship Sunday in a close game against Austin Peay.


For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected].

Leave a Comment
More to Discover
About the Contributors
Jacob Justice
Jacob Justice, Sports Editor
Jacob Justice is a third-year multimedia journalism major at the University of North Florida. First joining as a sports reporter, Jacob is now Spinnaker's sports editor. Jacob has a passion for sportswriting and hopes to write as a journalist for a sports media company in the future. In his free time, he tends to enjoy playing guitar and bass as well as spending quality time with friends.
Rachel Bacchus, General Assignment Reporter
Rachel Bacchus is the current General Assignment Reporter at Spinnaker but also volunteers as a photographer. Rachel is a young photographer and writer working towards her Degree in Multimedia Journalism. She is primarily interested in sports photography and political journalism.

Comments (0)

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All UNF Spinnaker Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *