Weekend filled with broken records for UNF track and field

By: Jordan Harirchi, Assistant Sports Editor

The UNF track and field teams toppled multiple school records in the weekend’s events.
The men’s and women’s track and field teams competed in the FSU Relays in Tallahassee March 23-24. The two teams combined broke three school records.
Senior Christina King breaking her own school record in the pole vault highlighted day one. King posted a mark of 3.95m (12-11 ½ ft) but was runner-up in the event.
Senior Cameron Dickerson brought some glory to the men’s side on opening day as well. Dickerson took first in the 1500m with a time of 3:47.48, one second slower than his best time.
The sophomore duo of Brianna Frazier and David Sheppard would supply the record breakers on day two.
Frazier, in her first race in the 400m, clocked a time of 61.77, breaking the school record by a full second. It was also a full second faster than the fastest recorded time in the Atlantic Sun this year.
For the men, Sheppard broke his own school record with a pole vault mark of 5.15m (16-10 ¾ ft), earning a runner-up finish in the process. His mark is the highest recorded in the A-Sun this year and 1 foot and 5 inches higher than the second highest.
The Ospreys return to the track at home March 30-31 at the Best Western/North Florida Invitational at Hodges Stadium.

Email Jordan Harirchi at [email protected].
Follow @spinnakersports