Curious Reporter

By Cassidy Thomas, contributing reporter

Kirstin Matthews is a graphic design sophomore. Photo by Cassidy Thomas
Kirstin Matthews is a graphic design sophomore.
Photo by Cassidy Thomas
Kirstin Matthews
Sophomore
Graphic Design Major

Q: What did you think about the Miley Cyrus/VMA’s controversy?
A: She’s just trying to fix her image. Honestly, it’s disturbing to me but she’s twenty. She can really do whatever she wants.
Q: These past few weeks there’s been a lot of talk about going to war with Syria. What are your views on it?
A: I think it’s a bad idea. We really don’t need any more wars, honestly.
Q: Recently the Spinnaker changed from a newspaper to magazine format. What do you think about the transition?
A: It’s a pretty cool idea. Not many people read newspapers anymore but a lot of people read magazines these days.

William Frketic is an international relations freshman. Photo by Cassidy Thomas
William Frketic is an international relations freshman.
Photo by Cassidy Thomas
William Frketic
Freshman
International Relations

A: I don’t really know. I don’t watch TV or read the newspaper so I wouldn’t know much about Miley Cyrus.
A: Yeah, Syria’s crazy. They were probably killing thousands of people in conventional ways and now, because they’re using gas weapons, they can justify going over there. I really think there’s much more of a hidden agenda that we might figure out six months to a year later. Why are we really going into Syria? Maybe they have really good oil.
A: I think it’s a really good transition. I think the pages look really good, really high-def pictures. I like flipping through a magazine rather than using newspaper actually. It just makes it a lot easier and I think a lot more people are going to pick it up now.

Michael Kessler is a music and education junior.
Photo by Cassidy Thomas
Michael Kessler
Junior
Music and Education

A: It’s not a direct threat to us. But now it is because Russia and China backed it up so we’re making a nonviolent situation violent because we got the two biggest countries involved.
A: I like old newspapers. I’m tired of looking at stuff online, I’m kind of old fashioned about that stuff.
Q: Is there anything around Jacksonville or on campus that you’re looking forward to doing?
A: I can’t wait till it gets to be cool enough so that I can walk around the nature trail. I think campus is really beautiful so I’m really excited for fall.

Joseph Cheer is an international business freshman.
Photo by Cassidy Thomas
Joseph Cheer
Freshman
International Business

A: I actually didn’t see it personally but it became an internet meme and as a Redditor it became the funniest thing to me.
A: I’ve got a basic knowledge of what’s going on and I know it’s pretty bad over there. They want to use chemical weapons and I’m 50-50 on the whole issue. I’m not really sure of it.
A: I didn’t really notice it. I’m more indifferent towards the change.

Lindsey Dwyer is a nursing freshman.
Photo by Cassidy Thomas
Lindsey Dwyer
Freshman
Nursing

A: I thought it was beautiful and I think everyone’s an individual and we all have our moments.
A: Yeah I don’t really have an opinion. I mean, it’s bad everywhere you go but I think they’re going to get through this one.
A: Movies. I’m going to all the movies and I’m going to collect at least one movie poster from each time I go so I can decorate my walls with them.