Table tennis tournament calls for costumes

The table tennis tournament is scheduled for Oct. 29 in the Student Union. Photo by Alexis Molinaro.

For those who missed out on the Student Union’s Ghastly Gourmet global food challenge, but still want to participate in some Halloween festivities, the Student Union will be hosting a table tennis tournament on Oct. 29 at 6 p.m..

Participants and attendees are encouraged to dress up for the event in their Halloween costumes. Those who do come in costume will be automatically advanced to the second round of the tournament.

The first place winner will receive a free tandem skydiving package from World Skydiving Center, and the runner-up will receive two tailgate tickets to the Florida-Georgia game, donated by Strata Clothing.

For Brock Ertel, event planning associate for the Student Union, Halloween events like these are all in good fun.

“I think it’s one of the few things that’s really egalitarian in this society,” Ertel said. “Halloween is one of those things that anyone can participate in. There’s a real sense of camaraderie.”

For anyone still looking for costume inspiration, Ertel will be dressing as his cat, Bowie, and wearing a paper-mache head of his own creation.

For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected]