Osprey Productions to host Inflatable Game Day event

game day
Inflatable Game Day gives students a chance to participate in life-size games. Photo courtesy of Osprey Productions Facebook

Similar to their Larger than Life Game Day event from the spring semester earlier this year, Osprey Productions is hosting another life-size game event in front of the Lazarra Performance Hall on Nov. 10.

Human bowling, human foosball, life-size water pong and a giant Jenga set are among the many games to be featured at the event.

Event coordinator Michael Martin scheduled it to capture the perfect weather for the event. “I wanted to do it while it was still cool, but not too cold,” said Martin. “We haven’t had as many outdoor events, and I want to do more of those.”

Event Coordinator Michael Martin said that this is perfect time of year to host outdoor events. Photo by Jordan Perez
Event Coordinator Michael Martin said that this is the perfect time of year to host outdoor events. Photo by Jordan Perez

Human bowling will allow students to be securely strapped inside a giant metal cage and rolled down a lane to knock pins.

Human foosball will feature students being held together by ropes strapped horizontally and secured around their stomachs. Teams of 5-8 will be able to play the soccer-style game in real life.

Life-size water pong utilizes trash barrels and volleyballs. Martin said activities such as this were especially ideal for the green. “We have the best national setting here at UNF,” Martin said.

The event is open to any student to walk up and participate in. The event will set up its large inflatable activities early in the day to draw attention.

The event will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 10 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.