TS Julia develops over Jax; Wednesday classes will continue as scheduled

Image courtesy the National Hurricane Center

What looked like just a bunch of rain has developed into a tropical storm, according to an update from the National Hurricane Center.

There is currently no word as to whether or not classes will be cancelled Wednesday.

Tropical Storm Julia formed over Jacksonville late Tuesday evening, and is expected to move slowly northward as the week goes on. The storm is likely to be downgraded to a tropical depression late Wednesday, according to the NHC.

The storm is expected to bring 3-6 inches of rain by Friday, and comes just over a week after Tropical Storm Hermine swept through the state. 

Jacksonville officials are posting information online about the storm. According to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, people should charge their devices, secure things outside and be careful driving.

For important updates on the tropical storm and other emergencies, consider following these local agencies on Twitter and Facebook.

Spinnaker will continue to follow the storm and post updates.