Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

Hannah Lee

As part of the Distinguished Voices Lecture Series, General Michael Hayden will be coming to UNF to talk about the future of intelligence. Hayden is a four-star general who served as director for both the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the National Security Agency (NSA).

Hayden served as Commander of the Air Intelligence Agency and Director of the Joint Command and Control Warfare Center. He also served in senior staff positions at the Pentagon, the U.S. European Command, the National Security Council and the U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria. He was also the deputy chief of staff for the United Nations Command and U.S. Forces in South Korea.

During the lecture, Hayden will touch on the balance between liberty and security in intelligence work. He will also talk about the potential benefits and dangers associated with the internet.

The Distinguished Voices Lecture series is supported by the UNF Foundation and co-hosted by the World Affairs Council of Jacksonville’s Global Issues Evenings. The lecture will take place Tuesday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Herbert University Center. E-Tickets will be available 9 a.m. on Feb. 6.

__

1 Comment

One Response to “Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF”

1. OLIVE GROVE BOOKS on January 12th, 2018 3:49 pm

from OLIVE GROVE BOOKS

Read the The Palestine Conspiracy by Robert Spirko to understand how both Israelis and Palestinians can share Jerusalem as their capital without dividing the city by using congruent boundaries thus becoming a governing district much like the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C.

Washington, D.C. is not a state, but rather a governing district where all parties may rule from their capital, yet all are citizens with equal rights and property.

One capital – Jerusalem – for two countries with overlapping congruent boundaries. It has never been done before in the history of the world.

Think about it. A dual capital.

Read The Palestine Conspiracy – by a brilliant author – on Amazon.com

Also,

Read SECRET OF EKATERINBURG: THE HOUR-GLASS at Amazon.com if you want to understand Russia and what is actually beginning to happen. The author has it right in a historical spy-thriller that is on the verge of materializing.

By Robert Spirko

[Reply]

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

Students honor Hayden Raulerson with candlelight vigil

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

Summer B hours of operation

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

Student Government: Committees discuss Student Government applications and Osprey Voice

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

UNF hosts vigil for student who passed away

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

Police Beat: Drug arrest and damaged/burglarized vehicles

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

Senate Meeting: Discussion regarding old skate park grounds and new bill proposals

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

UNF Student Government Releases Prices for Jaguars Ticket Sales

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

LGBT Resource center offers replacement “Safe Space” stickers following recent unauthorized removals

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

MyPark helps shoppers overcome parking difficulties in St. John’s Town Center

• Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF

Three dead and one injured in shooting near Town Center

Director of CIA and NSA comes to UNF