Looking for something to do? Keep an eye out for the next Art Walk

Darvin Nelson, Reporter

On the first Wednesday of each month, Jacksonville city hosts a creative and artistic event downtown on Laura Street called the Art Walk. Starting at the Hemming Plaza and ending at The Landing, or what’s left of it, the Jacksonville Art Walk includes vendors, live music, food trucks, local artists displaying and selling work, and free parking after 6 p.m.

At the event, you can check out new art exhibitions at the MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) for free. The exhibitions feature UNF art students, so you get to see the amazing work our Ospreys have been working on. You can also browse Chamblin Bookmine’s collection of countless novels, or check out the many vendors in Hemming Plaza.

The Main Library will also be hosting a Green Marketplace with the North Florida Green Chamber of Commerce highlighting local eco-friendly businesses.

There will be live music all throughout the street and a variety of food trucks from all over Jacksonville. Including Sweet Pete’s Candy Shop and the Burrito Gallery, there is a great selection of restaurants to eat at when you’re done exploring.

With locals from all over Jacksonville coming together and music and art all around, Art Walk is a monthly celebration of art and helps keep Jacksonville’s urban culture alive. The next Art Walk is on Wednesday, Oct. 2nd from 4 to 9 p.m.