Top 10 movies to look forward to in 2021

Kyle McGovern, Reporter

If you have been wondering what movies will be coming out this year, here are Spinnaker’s top 10 movies that UNF students can look forward to watching in 2021. The year will be jam-packed with highly anticipated movies, whether you watch them in the movie theater or on a streaming service. The films will be released in chronological order as listed below. 

1.) No Time To Die 

The classic character gets to grace the screens again. The action/thriller movie stars Daniel Craig, Ana de Armas, and Rami Malek. A mysterious, unknown villain with new technology comes to threaten Bond. 

2.) A Quiet Place: Part 2

The Abbott family faces not only the ultra-sensitive hearing aliens but discovers something else is living amongst them all. The movie stars Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Cillian Murphy. 

3.) Black Widow

An iconic Marvel superhero from The Avengers (2012) gets her own film. It is the events leading up to the avengers and her transformation into Black widow. The film features Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, and David Harbour. 

4.) Spiral

A cat and mouse thriller that involves a police veteran, a detective, and his partner chasing down a serial killer who is one step ahead of them. The film stars Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Rock, and Max Minghella. 

5 .) F9

The fast and furious saga continues with more twists and turns than ever before. The adventure/crime film will feature Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, and Charlize Theron. 

6.) Candyman

The sequel film will feature Yahya Abdul-Mateen, Teyonah Parris, and Nathan Steward-Jarrett. The horror classic is getting a sequel set in the gentrified Chicago neighborhood that was in the original. 

7.) Death on the Nile

Detective Hercules Poirot must find the murder before it’s too late. Gal Gadot, Emma Mackey, and Kenneth Branagh are featured in the mystery thriller. The film is based on a best-selling novel by Agatha Christie. Her book “Murder on the Orient Express” was also adapted into a film.

8.) Jungle Cruise 

Emily Blunt, Dwayne Johnson, and Jesse Plemons take on the adventure together with danger lurking at every turn. An old Disneyland theme park ride gets time on the big screen in this action/comedy film. 

9.) Dune

It is a fresh remake that has breathtaking graphics compared to its predecessor. The science-fiction/drama film will feature Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, and Timothee Chalamet. The film is based on a best-selling novel by Frank Herbert.

10 .) Morbius

Michael Morbius races against time in order to find a cure to his rare blood disease based on a Marvel comic book character. It results in a disastrous backfire causing him to mutate into something else. The adventure/horror film will feature Jared Leto, Michael Keaton, and Matt Smith. 

Featured Image by Krists Luhaers on Unsplash

___