UNF psychology professor publishes new book ‘Think Like a Girl’

Shelby Senesac, News Editor

Award-winning psychologist and UNF psychology professor, Dr. Tracy Alloway, published her new book “Think Like a Girl: 10 Unique Strengths of a Woman’s Brain and How to Make Them Work for You.”

Front cover of “Think Like a Girl.”

The book’s description reads:

“Women’s brains are different. It’s not one-size-fits both men and women. Yet many women still believe the myths we tell ourselves.

In “Think Like a Girl,” award-winning psychologist, professor, and TEDx speaker Dr. Tracy Packiam Alloway will help you discover how:

• sticking your hand in a bucket of ice can help you make a less emotional decision
  • changing one word can provide a buffer against depressive thoughts
  • adopting a more relationship-centric leadership approach can be better for mental health

It’s time to dispel the myths! Stop underestimating your abilities. Stop downplaying your successes. And stop apologizing.

“Dare to think differently. Dare to think like a girl.”

Dr. Tracy Alloway / Photo Courtesy of UNF.

Dr. Alloway is the author of 15 books and over 100 scientific articles. She’s been featured on BBC, Good Morning America, the Today Show, Forbes, Bloomberg, The Washington Post, Newsweek, and others. She’s also a consultant for documentaries, ABC/NBC and the CW affiliates, AMC TV, and the World Bank.

Visit Dr. Alloway’s website to find more information on her books, research, and more.

________

• police beat graphic

Police Beat: Half naked man attempts to fight with UPD

• Waste and paper bins stand inside the Student Union.

UNF scrambling to develop new recycling plan in response to national labor shortage

• In this April 14, 2020 file photo, the thumbs up Like logo is shown on a sign at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif. Facebook says it plans to hire 10,000 workers in the European Union over the next five years to work on a new computing platform. The company said in a blog post Sunday, Oct. 17, 2021 that those high-skilled workers will help build “the metaverse,” a futuristic notion for connecting people online that uses augmented and virtual reality. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File).

AP: Facebook plans to hire 10,000 in Europe to build ‘metaverse’

• Image courtesy of Brielle French via Unsplash.

Threats made against Pride Fest event have been released

• Student Government graphic.

Rally in Tally: Student Body President Besirevic shares SG’s goals for the event

• LGBTQ+ flags against blue sky.

UNF’s first-ever Pride Fest canceled mere hours before kickoff

• UNF sees dramatic drop in COVID-19 cases

UNF sees dramatic drop in COVID-19 cases

• Courtesy of the Unity Party.

UNF’s Unity Party

• Courtesy of the UNF Interfaith Center.

UNF Interfaith Center celebrating religious diversity in upcoming Interfaith Week

• NEWS: Inside Swoop in 90 Seconds

NEWS: Inside Swoop in 90 Seconds

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.