Updated: Confusion surrounding status of UNF Wi-Fi

Carter Mudgett, Editor in Chief

Connection to the University of North Florida Wi-Fi has been resolved by ITS and “all systems are operational” as of Wednesday evening.

This is a breaking news update, the original article continues below.

First alerted by the University of North Florida that its Wi-Fi network had gone down around 7 a.m., the campus community has since received two alerts and an email about the issue. However, Spinnaker reporters first noticed the issue around 12 a.m.

Since it was originally reported, the network has returned and gone out again at least once. 

The UNF ITS website currently has an “active service interruptions” section reporting that the outage is still ongoing. At the time of publication, the Wi-Fi network is working in the Student Union.

A current alert on the ITS Help Desk website alerting campus community to a Wi-Fi network outage.

The website says that a “workaround” has been put in place while a permanent fix is “being identified.”

Spinnaker received a statement from UNF Media Relations Manager Amanda Ennis around 9:30 a.m. saying that, “ITS is investigating the cause and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. All devices that rely on the UNF wireless network for connectivity may be impacted.” 

UNF has not sent out any new alerts about the Wi-Fi as of 11:30 a.m.

___