Police Beat Oct. 11

Logo-policebeat5Oct. 9 –Stolen Bicycle (Bldg 43)

A student found his bicycle lock cut, and his bicycle stolen.

The twenty-five year old locked his 18 Speed mountain bike to a handicapped pole outside of the University Center. When he later returned to where he parked it, the bicycle was missing, and the lock had been cut.

There is no known suspect, as there are no known witnesses. The bike was a red and gray Huffy with 26” tires, and was valued at $150.

Oct. 9 – Stolen Parking Decal (Garage 38)

A parking decal, valued at $160, was stolen from a student’s vehicle.

The incident was reported a day later, so due to weather conditions, UPD was not able to search for fingerprints on the vehicle.

October 11 – Marijuana (Osprey Fountains)

An officer was dispatched to an Osprey Fountains room to conduct a drug investigation. Upon arriving, the officer observed a strong smell of marijuana.

The student that answered the door admitted to smoking marijuana in her room, and gave the officer two pipes with marijuana residue. The student, 19, has been referred to Student Conduct.

October 11 – Marijuana and Drug Paraphernalia Discovered (The Fountains)

A non-student was evicted from campus when UPD discovered drug paraphernalia and marijuana.

An officer was dispatched to the Fountains on reports of possible drug use. Upon arrival, the officer immediately smelled burning marijuana.

After giving officers permission to enter the room, the student resident admitted to smoking marijuana. She then led officers to her room, where they made contact with the suspect.

The suspect admitted to having contraband on him, and produced six joints of marijuana. They weighed 4.7 grams.

When asked how he came to campus, the suspect said he drove his own vehicle. When asked if there was any contraband inside the vehicle, the suspect said there might be some marijuana.

The suspect led the officers to his vehicle and produced a small bottle which contained a blue Adderall pill. Officers searched the vehicle, but found no other contraband.  The suspect was read his rights, given Notice to Appear, and was verbally banned from the UNF campus.

Email Joseph Cook at [email protected]