Men’s basketball dominates Stetson 80-65 in away game

Jim Hogue
Dallas Moore (14) Photo by Jim Hogue

Gallery Photos by Jim Hogue

[doptg id=”104″]

The University of North Florida Ospreys continued to roll with their third-straight Atlantic Sun Conference victory by defeating the Stetson University Hatters 80-65 at 1:00 p.m. on Jan. 17.

In front of a crowd of 1,262 at the Edmunds Center in DeLand, Fla. the Ospreys (11-9) landed their second road victory of the conference season against the Hatters (5-13). Trailing by six early in the first half, the Ospreys went up by seven in the final seconds with a three pointer at the buzzer from Dallas Moore, UNF sophomore guard.

Never looking back, the Ospreys went 12-30 from behind the arc after halftime. The Ospreys would lead by 20 points during the final minutes of the game. Jalen Nesbitt, UNF senior guard, led the second half charge with 17 points, six assists, one steal, and nine rebounds. UNF’s Beau Beech, junior, Trent Mackey, junior, and Moore all shot a trio of three-point field goals. Demarcus Daniels, UNF junior forward, had a massive defensive presence with one steal, three blocks and 12 rebounds for the game.

Chris Davenport, UNF sophomore forward, sat out this game as a result of two technical fouls in the previous game against Florida Gulf Coast University.

Next on the Ospreys’ schedule is a road trip to Highland Heights, Ky. to face the Northern Kentucky Norse with a tip-off at 7:00 p.m. this Thursday, Jan. 22. This will be yet another chance for the Ospreys to increase winning standards in the A-Sun.

For more information or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments/concerns, contact Jordan Ferrell [email protected].