BOT takes spring break to review
self-conducted audits

University President John Delaney receives the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award.
Photo by Alex Wilson

While most students were sleeping, tanning or traveling, UNF’s Board of Trustees was busy over Spring Break as they reviewed a number of items including several self-conducted audits.

Chair Hugh Greene started the day’s meeting with a workshop on student sexual assault and the policies and procedures that guide the handling of such cases. Part of this presentation included an evaluation of UNF’s compliance with Title IX, the Department of Education mandated guidance towards sexual assault, which concluded that the university is in full compliance.

After the first session ran over time, a short break was held, followed presently by the Student Life and Facilities Committee. Sharon Ashton, Vice President for Public Relations, discussed the various planned projects, including additional roads, renovations and an addition to Skinner-Jones Hall.

Ashton then went on to head the Finance and Audit Committee. Subjects included the Museum of Contemporary Art funding, adjusting fringe benefits for staff, the Federal Awards Audit and metric/performance-based funding.

The Plenary session ended the day with an approval of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Police Benevolent Association and the presentation of the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award (HEED) to President Delaney and UNF. The HEED prize is awarded by the INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine to colleges who display outstanding commitment to diversity. UNF, along with Florida State University, are the only state universities to receive this award.

Spinnaker will update with more information.

For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story, contact [email protected].