District shooting suspect charged with murder

Trey Edward Wright, 26, was charged after turning himself in. Photo courtesy JSO
Trey Edward Wright, 26, was charged after turning himself in.
Photo courtesy JSO

Following the shooting at the District on Kernan last month, 26-year-old Trey Edward Wright was charged with murder, burglary and armed robbery.

Wright was booked into the Duval County jail after turning himself in on June 22, according to JSO.

On May 18, Wright and Bryant Collier, the second shooting suspect, attempted to break into an apartment at the District. The resident of the apartment and Collier were shot during the attempted robbery. Collier died at the scene. Wright was also shot during the altercation.

After he was wounded, Wright drove himself to the 121 Credit Union to get help, but ended up calling the police for assistance.

Wright was taken to UF Health Jacksonville and has been recovering since. He is being held responsible for Collier’s death and is currently being held without bond.

The resident was also taken to a hospital and is recovering.

For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected].