New outside hitter to play for UNF volleyball

Katarina Raicevic played for Louisiana State University for two years.Photo courtesy Facebook
Katarina Raicevic played for Louisiana State University for two seasons.
Photo courtesy Facebook

Katarina Raicevic will join UNF’s indoor and beach volleyball programs after spending two seasons at Louisiana State University. Raicevic, originally from Belgrade, Serbia, is a 6-foot outside hitter with a career-best seven kills and five digs in a three-set match against North Texas as a freshman.

“We are very excited to have Katarina join our program,” UNF Head Coach Steve Loeswick said. “She is not only an excellent player on the court, but her character and hard-work mentality will be an amazing addition to our program and the athletic department. We are looking forward to having her on campus this fall.”

Before coming to UNF, Raicevic played 21 sets in 10 matches during the 2014-15 indoor volleyball season. During the 2015 sand volleyball season, Raicevic, alongside fellow LSU teammate Carly Morris, went 9-7, with their last win of the season on April 19 against Alannah Cullum and Taylor Zaeske from the University of Louisiana at Monroe.

For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story, contact [email protected].