UNF sorority sister passes away

Alex Wilson

GoFundMe_FEATUREIMAGE
Friends of Nycole Branch’s set up a GoFundMe account to help raise money for her family. Photo Courtesy GoFundMe

UNF student and Sigma Lambda Gamma (SLG) sister Nycole Branch passed away on Dec. 5.

According to a GoFundMe, Branch was a psychology major at UNF, where she was initiated into SLG during Spring 2014.

“Nycole was not only an amazing sorority sister, but she was a daughter, a student, and most importantly, she was a friend to all,” wrote SLG sister Angelica Davila, who created the GoFundMe account. “Her creative light, unique humor, and one-of-a-kind personality will live beyond her memory.”

UNFSigmaBetaRho
The brothers of Sigma Beta Rho at UNF extended their condolences to the sisters of SLG. Photo courtesy Facebook
TexasA&MSLG
The Texas A&M Chapter of SLG sent their condolences to Branch’s sisters via Facebook. Photo courtesy Facebook

Branch’s chapter is receiving an outpouring of support from their national headquarters, chapters across the nation, and other groups here on campus.

SLG will be hosting a vigil for Nycole at the UNF Student Union Lake at 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 10.

Spinnaker will update with new information as it becomes available.

For more information or news tips, or if you see an error in this story or have any compliments or concerns, contact [email protected].