What to expect at the Steve Aoki show this Friday

Update:  Apparently you shouldn’t expect too many of these things because University rules and regulations prevent them from happening. We too find that ironic and are working on a story to get to the bottom of those rules.

Glow sticks, rave sticks, LED light gloves and backpacks will not be permitted at the Coxwell Amphitheater for the Steve Aoki show. Avoid frustration and leave these items at home. For a full list of FAQs visit  https://www.unf.edu/ospreyproductions/Tickets.aspx.

Grab your crop tops, LED light gloves, and Camelbaks because Steve Aoki is coming to UNF. For those of you who have not yet experienced a Steve Aoki concert, we wanted to make sure to prepare you for the night to come. Steve Aoki, like any other American electro house musician, is all about connecting the crowd with his music.

1. Dancing and having a good time with good people is a must. So get ready to have a night full of cake getting thrown in your face, which is pretty much a Steve Aoki trademark.
     Graphic by Kaitlyn Sinardi.
    Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
  2. Since the university doesn’t allow artists to bring alcohol onto campus, we may not experience Aoki’s other trademark crowd-pleaser: champagne showers being sprayed in your face. But, he may replace it with sparkling cider, so make sure to get there early for a front row spot in the spray zone.
     Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
    Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
  3. Crowd surfing: blow-up boat style.
     Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
    Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
  4. Fist pumping is a must.
     Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
    Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
  5. LED lights on the tips of people’s fingers. This is not unusual to see at an Aoki concert!
     Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.
    Graphic by Kaitlin Sinardi.