Police looking for man who allegedly drugged and assaulted another man on campus

Hannah Lee

Cop lights. Stock Photo

Cop lights. Stock Photo

**Correction: A previous version of this story stated that the man assaulted was a UNF student. He is not. We regret the error. 

UNFPD is searching for a man who allegedly drugged, sexually assaulted and stole $200 from another man on campus Jan. 31, as detailed in an Osprey Update that went out yesterday evening.

According to this Osprey Update, a non-UNF related male was communicating with another non-UNF related male for the last few weeks before agreeing to meet up on campus and go to a club on Jan. 31. After they left the club, the suspect drugged the victim who asked the suspect to take him back to a residence hall on campus, per the Osprey Update.

In a statement released by UNFPD, the victim told police he remembers being sexually assaulted by the suspect before he passed out. The victim also reported that $200 in cash was stolen.

UNFPD has identified a person of interest who doesn’t live on campus and is not a UNF student.

This incident comes almost three months after an incident that took place outside of the Thomas G. Carpenter library, where a female UNF student responded to a Craigslist babysitting ad. The student met with the man who posted the ad in a car outside of the library. After discussing babysitting pay, the man told the student that he was also looking for a friend. The student said she was uncomfortable and tried to leave. It was at this point that the man groped the student. The suspect was located by UNFPD days later.

Anyone with more information is asked to contact UNFPD at (904) 620-2800.

Spinnaker will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

__