UNF named a ‘Best Regional’ university by U.S. News & World Report

Johnakeshia Thompson

Graphic by Sam Chaney

Osprey students, if you have never been proud to be an Osprey, then the time is now. UNF is has been named a “Best Regional” university in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 “Best Colleges” edition, according to a press release from the University. This is the University’s eighth consecutive year receiving this title.

According to the University, UNF ranked number 42 this year, moving up six spots from last year.

The press release states that UNF provides their students with a full range of undergraduate majors and master’s program and offer various doctoral programs. In this category, the university isn’t ranked nationally but it’s based on their four geographic regions.

“The rankings are based on key measures of quality such as academic reputation; graduation and retention rates; faculty resources (including class size, the percentage of faculty with the top academic degree, student-faculty ratio); student selectivity; financial resources; and alumni giving,” the press release explained.

In response to the continued title, UNF President David Szymanski shared his pride in leading such an institution

“[UNF] is showing up in nearly every national college ranking, putting UNF at the top of some very impressive lists,” he affirmed. “These accolades are a true testament to our outstanding faculty and staff as well as the talents of our phenomenal students.”