UNF History graduate program ranked #7 in nation

Courtney Green, News Editor

The Masters Program Guide has ranked UNF’s History graduate program seventh out of the top ten in the entire nation.

Social Sciences building. Photo credit Jonathan Merin.

Factors considered to make the ranking include: Earnings potential, affordability, student satisfaction, and selectivity.

UNF trails behind historic institutions Harvard and Sanford. The Masters Program Guide also makes a note that UNF is the youngest institution to make the list — an achievement for a university that has only just ranked among “National Universities” in the last year.

The UNF History Graduate program does not require a GRE, but does require a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 credit hours worth of coursework. Applicants must have at least 15 credit hours in history, 3 of which must include Craft of the Historian. For more information about the program and application process, click here.

__

• The NOAA forecast cone for Tropical Storm Ian as of 11 a.m. Saturday.

Gov. DeSantis issues state of emergency as Tropical Storm Ian strengthens

• Senators in the SG Senate Chambers

UNF SG Senate passes two fiscal bills, welcomes two additional members to their branches

• UPDs new Ford Explorers circa 2016.

General

UNF student finds anti-semitic symbol on dorm door

• The current NOAA depression forecast cone for Tropical Depression 9.

Tropical Depression 9 forms, will approach Florida “at or near major hurricane strength”

• Photo by Justin Nedrow

‘You can go back in time’: UNF reveals interactive map for 50th anniversary

• Students with umbrellas, rain coats and a pride flag gather around a preacher on the Green

Students raise concerns for their safety on campus in discussion on campus preachers

• In this Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022, photo taken by an individual not employed by the Associated Press and obtained by the AP outside Iran, protesters chant slogans during a protest over the death of a woman who was detained by the morality police, in downtown Tehran, Iran. Iranians saw their access to Instagram, one of the few Western social media platforms still available in the country, disrupted on Wednesday following days of the mass protests. (AP Photo)

Associated Press

AP: Iranians see widespread internet blackout amid mass protests

• Oktoberfest information

Ozzie Oktoberfest: The 5 W’s to know

• Frank German stands on the mound

Baseball

Former Osprey pitcher makes it Major, debuts with Red Sox

• Soccer player high fives teammate

Men’s soccer breaks through, picks up first win of season