Osprey Productions cancels Pablo Francisco comedy show

By Joseph Basco, Staff Writer

Osprey Productions canceled its comedy show featuring stand-up comedian Pablo Francisco Sept. 22 an hour before the show was scheduled to begin.

Francisco’s flight from Atlanta to Jacksonville was delayed due to severe thunderstorms over parts of Georgia, including the Atlanta area, said Brent Fine, the director of Osprey Productions.

Fine said OP was looking for local comedians to replace Francisco. He said the decision to cancel the show was fiscally responsible for students.

Osprey Productions plans to reschedule a show either for later this semester or early spring, Fine said. He declined to comment whether or not Francisco will be rescheduled for the makeup show.

The OP crew turned UNF students and guests away at 8 p.m., an hour before the 9 p.m. show.

Stephanie Wilkes, a UNF psychology junior, said her guest drove from Daytona Beach to see the show – only to be disappointed by the cancellation.

Lauren Chiarini, a UNF international business junior, said she waited all week for the comedy show.

Some guests said they were disappointed but understood that the inclement weather was a factor.