Graduation commencement to be held virtually for fall semester

Darvin Nelson, News Editor

Upcoming graduates may be excited to hear that UNF is expected to hold the Fall 2020 commencement celebration virtually on Friday, Dec. 11, according to an Osprey email. 

Part of the commencement will include a website that will be launched on that same day. The website will honor fall graduates with special videos, messages from President Syzmanski, academic and student leadership, alumni, musical highlights, department recognitions, graduate listings and much more. 

UNF’s social media platforms will also be active throughout the day and week, recognizing the fall graduates. 

“More detailed graduation information will be provided directly to graduates, including instructions on ordering regalia for those interested,” the university email stated.

UNF’s plans line up with the State University System’s recent announcement that directs Florida universities to develop alternate plans for fall graduation.

You can visit unf.edu and UNF’s official Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts on Dec. 11 to honor the graduates. 

Let’s celebrate all the hard work our fellow Ospreys have done to reach this great achievement.

__

• First, only opportunity for UNF community to meet candidates begins during finals

First, only opportunity for UNF community to meet candidates begins during finals

• UNF Sculpture Program to bring potatoes to Germany

UNF Sculpture Program to bring potatoes to Germany

• Event calendar courtesy of UNF ASIA.

UNF celebrates Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month with upcoming events

• UNF Interfaith Center hosting conference Thursday

UNF Interfaith Center hosting conference Thursday

• Image courtesy of UNF Ogier Gardens.

UNF Ogier Gardens presents: Osprey Spring Jamboree

• Audience members and performers gather on stage.

Black History Month

Wrapping up Black History Month with the Black Excellence Expo

• UNF students wait in line for a food truck at Jax Melanin Market Meets Market Days

UNF and Jax Melanin Market collide, a dual photo gallery

• Graphic Courtesy of Osprey Life and Productions.

Don Toliver and The Third Estate to perform at Ozfest; what to expect and how to score free tickets

• Orlando Van Gogh exhibit. Photo courtesy of Carter Mudgett.

‘Beyond Van Gogh’ Immersive Exhibit coming to Jacksonville

• The cast of Hamlet receives applause from the audience after their performance at MOCA Jacksonville.

A closer look at UNF Shakespeare’s Hamlet