Throwback movie review of ‘Hocus Pocus’

Erik Feliciano, Reporter

With Halloween only a few days away, what better movie to keep the spooky momentum going than “Hocus Pocus”?

After moving from California to Salem, Massachusetts, Max becomes the new kid in town with no one to really call a friend. But after meeting his classmate Allison, he decides to do whatever it takes to impress her which happened to lead the both of them as well as his sister Dani to an old abandoned house which is more than what it seems.

Due to Max’s desire to impress Allison, he completes a ritual which wakes up the Sanderson sisters from a 300 year slumber. Now it’s up to these 3 kids as well as the magical cat Binx to stop these three witches from obtaining immortality before the sun rises.

While Max and his crew aren’t exactly the most interesting cast of characters, the Sanderson sisters steal the show with their charisma and as well as how well they complement one another. The witches are what helps this film stay afloat from beginning to end.

“Hocus Pocus” isn’t the most impressive film there is, but it does manage to have a certain comforting feeling that makes you want to get in a blanket and watch while indulging in every variation of pumpkin spice.

“Hocus Pocus” is a really fun movie to add to your Halloween movie marathon. Spinnaker gives this film a 3 out of 5 sails.

___

• The cast of Hamlet receives applause from the audience after their performance at MOCA Jacksonville.

A closer look at UNF Shakespeare’s Hamlet

• Courtesy of ABC

The Bachelor: Episodes 1 and 2 Recap

• Graphic by Spinnaker Creative Services Team.

Join Jacksonville at this year’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ spoiler free review

• Shot of the front of the University of North Florida entrance and fountain. Courtesy of the UNF Athletics website.

UNF kickoffs their 50th anniversary celebration with an event full of games, prizes, and giveaways

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Twitch Streaming: Handling hate raids and DDoS attacks

• Photo courtesy of Amazon.

“A Man Named Scott” movie review

• Photo courtesy of The Game Awards.

The Game Awards 2021: How to watch & what to expect

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

• Mural of a person holding books.

UNF Library introduces ‘Stress Management’ online resource display

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.