The Walk-Ons talk high school football, Taysom Hill and a difficult matchup for the Jaguars

John Watson, Sports Editor

This week on the Walk-Ons, we explore Drew McDonald’s adventure into the world of high school sporting events as he covers football in the southern parts of Florida. Also, we talk about what the Drew Brees injury means for the New Orleans Saints and how the Jaguars will face their toughest task of the season as they play the undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers this week.

Check out that and more on this week’s episode of the Walk-Ons down below.

This week’s episode:

__

• (Priscilla Du Preez/Unsplash)

Thanksgiving: The importance of gratitude

• Hendricksen drives along the baseline

Men’s basketball suffers heartbreaking loss to Duquesne on buzzer-beater

• Miranda Padilla holds her 11-month-old son Grayson Sanchez while marking her ballot at a polling center in the South Valley area of Albuquerque, N.M., Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022 (AP Photo/Andres Leighton)

Midterms 2022: How young voters did this time around

• Placer drives towards the rim with defenders in pursuit

Men’s basketball fights back in final minutes to pick up win in home opener

• Volleyball player prepares to spike ball

Volleyball keeps postseason streak alive, falls to FGCU in ASUN tournament

• University of North Florida sign

Faculty, staff to receive $1,000 bonus and extra day off for Thanksgiving, UNF president says

• The Capitol is seen in Washington, Nov. 11, 2022. Republicans have won control of the U.S. House. A call by The Associated Press on Wednesday, Nov. 16, for Republican Mike Garcia in California’s 27th District secured the party the 218 seats needed for the majority.(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

The midterms have finished. What do the results mean?

• OPINION: Life isn’t fun sometimes and that’s okay

OPINION: Life isn’t fun sometimes and that’s okay

• FILE - The Twitter splash page is seen on a digital device, Monday, April 25, 2022, in San Diego. On Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022, Twitter continued to bleed engineers and other workers after new owner Elon Musk gave them a choice to pledge to “hardcore” work or resign with severance pay. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull, File)

“Only time will tell”: The future of Twitter under Elon Musk

• Polish police officers search for missile wreckage in the field, near the place where a missile struck, killing two people in a farmland at the Polish village of Przewodow, near the border with Ukraine, Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022. (AP Photo/Evgeniy Maloletka)

Associated Press

AP: Deadly missile strike adds to Ukraine war fears in Poland