Local farm offers introduction to outdoor gardening class

Hayley Simonson, Police Reporter

White Harvest Farms in Jacksonville is inviting the public to attend a class on outdoor gardening next Friday, Dec. 11, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The staff will go over ways to create and maintain your perfect home garden organically. Everything from site selection, organic amendments, pest management techniques and what crops to plant will be reviewed. 

The event is located outdoors at the White Harvest Farms and is attendance is free. Social distancing is encouraged and masks are required. 

This is a hands on, outdoor, and potentially buggy event so it is suggested to wear a light weight long sleeve shirt, pants, closed toed shoes, a hat and gloves.

It is also suggested you bring along some bug spray, sunscreen, and a water bottle. 

To register for the event visit here.

Featured Image from Google Drive Images.

__

• (Priscilla Du Preez/Unsplash)

Thanksgiving: The importance of gratitude

• Entrance to Neckles’ Bless This House gallery at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) in Jacksonville.

MOCA artist Shervone Neckles shares the creative process behind her thought-provoking artwork

• Photo courtesy of Osprey Robotics

Club Spotlight: Osprey Robotics

• A rainbow flag waves at the starting line of a Pride Observance Month 5K run at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, June 21, 2019. The rainbow flag is displayed at lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer or questioning events worldwide as a symbol for diversity in the LGBTQ community. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Monica Roybal)

‘Perseverance and solidarity’: UNF Pride Club members discuss the history of Pride

• Oktoberfest information

Ozzie Oktoberfest: The 5 W’s to know

• The video game posters, featuring posters for Nintendo’s Metroid Dread and The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild, the former of which is one of “100’s” of new additions to their inventory, according to the sale

UNF poster sale this week

• A local’s guide to thrifting in Jacksonville

A local’s guide to thrifting in Jacksonville

• Interior of the Ogier Garden’s greenhouse.

Nothing beets the Ogier Garden’s hidden gems

• Lynne Arriale leaning over a table with her arms crossed

UNF music professor on the “language of jazz”

• Photo Courtesy of Amelia Simmons

Best part-time jobs for freshman at UNF