ASUN announces shift in schedule, UNF MBB set to stay local this weekend

John Watson, Sports Editor

2021’s first River City Rumble matches will come earlier than expected as the ASUN has announced a slight shift in the conference schedule.

Instead of heading up to Kennesaw State this weekend, the North Florida Ospreys men’s basketball program will stay local and swoop on over to swisher gymnasium to play two games against the Jacksonville University Dolphins.

UNF’s original opponent, Kennesaw State, will now travel to Liberty to play their ASUN slate against the Flames. The change in the schedule is due to “positive COVID-19 tests within various programs around the league last week,” according to the ASUN press release.

The press release also mentions that the players and staff are tested on Mondays and Wednesdays before each weekend matchup, and the results come within 36 hours.

It is not known who tested positive for the virus from UNF’s team, but because there will be a series played this weekend between UNF and JU, it most likely means COVID did not spread to the whole team.

Check back with UNF Spinnaker for the latest news on cancellations, updates and more intriguing news.

___