Tropical Storm Elsa hitting Florida Keys

AP

This satellite image provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration shows Hurricane Elsa moving through the Caribbean, over Barbados, Tuesday, July 2, 2021, at 12:00 Z (8am a.m. ET). Elsa was expected to pass near the southern coast of Hispaniola on Saturday and to move near Jamaica and portions of eastern Cuba on Sunday. (NOAA/NESDIS/STAR GOES via AP)

Nathan Turoff, Features Editor

As of 11 a.m. Tuesday morning, Tropical Storm Elsa has left Cuba, and is now over the Florida Keys, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Moving northwest at a slow speed of 10 mph, it is expected to hit almost the entire Gulf Coast starting this afternoon, and continuing until tomorrow morning, wherein it will continue up the eastern seaboard of the United States.

The entire Gulf Coast of Florida is under a wide array of hurricane, tropical storm, and storm surge warnings and/or watches.

UNF is already monitoring Elsa, and plans to continue to do so.

More information can be found here.

________

• The Arena Parking Garage, located next to the Student Union, is open to students with a blue pass and has faculty reserved spots. During the fall 2022 semester, cars could be seen driving around the garage constantly, searching for an open spot.

SG Senate unanimously pass resolution proposing limits to faculty spots will address parking concerns

• Lyric Swann dribbles the ball up the court

Women’s basketball falls to JU in first River City Rumble meeting

• Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence (16) speaks with Jacksonville Jaguars Head Coach Doug Pederson during the second half of an NFL divisional round playoff football game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023, in Kansas City, Mo. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)

Will recent Jags’ success affect UNF student ticket deals?

• Matthew Driscoll looks down at ground during timeout

Men’s basketball drops overtime heartbreaker against Central Arkansas

• A collage that Rosenbloom created in 2022 from submitted photos with variations of one recurring message: “We remember.” (Photo courtesy of Sam Rosenbloom)

The world honors Holocaust victims today. “Never forget,” UNF student says

• Spinnaker alum places for Hearst journalism award

Awards

Spinnaker alum places for Hearst journalism award

• UNF Student Union

Less than 1% of state-supplied budget put toward CRT, DEI initiatives, UNF reports

• Campi. Graphic by Spinnaker.

Campi: A new app creating opportunities at UNF developed by student

• Graphic reads National Slavery & Human Trafficking Prevention Month in big blue letters against a white background

Jacksonville

January is Human Trafficking Prevention Month: What do you need to know?

• The Hate Ends Now tour brought a replica cattle car and a message of standing against hate to the University of North Florida last Tuesday.

Hate Ends Now Tour brings the fight against antisemitism to UNF