What’s open for the Summer B term?

Image courtesy of UNF Dining Services.

Megan Blackadar, Reporter

With the start of the Summer B term and more students on campus, many amenities on campus are opening up or seeing extended hours. Here is a handy guide for what you can enjoy while on campus for Summer B.

Dining:

The Osprey Cafe is now open along with several other dining options like Chick-fil-a and Einstein’s, while others such as Starbucks are seeing expanded hours.

Osprey Fountains:

For students living on campus at the Fountains, the game room and fitness center are now open 24/7 as well as the different themed lounges on every floor. In the South tower, there is the B.L.O.C. on the second floor, the Galaxy on the third floor, and the Upper Deck on the fourth floor. In the North tower, there is the Morgue on the second floor, Joe’s Diner on the third floor, and the Spotlight on the fourth floor.

Recreation and Wellness facilities:

For those who are interested in recreation and wellness on campus, a majority of the RecWell services are now open and available for use. Osprey Cliff, group fitness classes, as well as free weights and associated equipment are now available. 

Eco-Adventure is now open featuring Gear Checkout, Environmental Education and the Osprey Challenge Course. And lastly, the Field House is now open. 

The intramural and club sports teams and the Paul Shirley Assessment Center are still unavailable for the Summer B term. 

All of these services require a current Osprey 1Card. For more information and hours, you can visit the RecWell website here.

________

• Kanopy logo

UNF’s secret free streaming service: Kanopy

• The Tabacinic Campus for Jewish Life at UNF is located a short mile drive from the core UNF campus.

Fighting hate and antisemitsm, Holocaust museum travels to UNF next week

• Pentatonix performed for a packed Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022.

Pentatonix bring Christmas tour and holiday spirits to Jacksonville

• Singing for his church initially inspired Karim to learn English and continue performing (Photo courtesy of Karim Zabaneh)

“Keep on pushing:” A UNF student and his voice

• Harry talks to the town mayor, {Courtesy of SyFy)

Review: ‘Resident Alien,’ the best science fiction comedy TV show

• Syril Karn (left, Kyle Soller) and Cassian Andor (right, Diego Luna) in Andor. (Courtesy of Lucasfilm)

Review: Booting the flashy heroes, ‘Andor’ turns the spotlight on ordinary people

• Jar of Flies album art by Alice in Chains

Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains, an album review

• Phones capture DeSantis and Luke Bryan on stage

Country artist Luke Bryan brings tour to Jacksonville, DeSantis makes special appearance

• Kenzie sings

Gallery

Kenzie’s Place wins UNF’s 2022 Battle of the Bands

• Students stand in line for Qdoba

Food

SG efforts bring a new dining experience to campus: Qdoba