Ospreys win in overtime with a header

Players fighting for position for the ball Photo by Joslyn Simmons

Krista Colubiale hit a header in overtime, as the Ospreys took the win against the Campbell Camels (2-1) in a Sunday afternoon matchup at Hodges Stadium.

The first half had missed scoring opportunities, with Campbell only tallying two shots on the goal. Both teams went into the half tied at zero.

Out of the halftime break, both teams picked up their offensive game.

After a turnover at midfield, senior Alexis Bredeau, took advantage of the opportunity to score the first goal of the game. Bredeau kicked a long distance goal over the Camel’s goalkeeper in the 66th minute. Bredeau now has five goals this season.

Head Coach Robin Confer describes Bredeau as being a presence on the field.

“She’s stepping up in big ways,” Confer said.

The Camels answered back with a goal by Kaylee Arno in the 78th minute to tie the score 1-1.

The game went into overtime after neither team was able to close it out in regulation.

Krista Colubiale scored the winning goal in the early minutes of overtime with a header in the 92nd minute to elevate the Ospreys to their fourth win of the season.

Confer spoke on the mindset going into overtime.

“Going into overtime we needed a greater sense of urgency,” Confer said.

“We always come out stronger in the second half. We get adjusted and we know that’s our last 45 minutes and we have to put the game away, we get more amped up,” Colubiale, a sophomore, said.

UNF plays their cross town rival, Jacksonville University, on Sept. 24 at Hodges Stadium.